Senior Risk Analyst – Spain
NoviCap is a Fin-Tech start-up revolutionizing the way businesses (SMEs & Corporates) source financing. Our technology and business model allows investors to provide working capital to businesses directly against their outstanding invoices. This way, businesses can focus on growing their business and not their outstanding invoices. And that’s great!
This is a unique opportunity to join NoviCap, one of the fastest growing, venture capital-backed Fin-Tech start-ups with offices in London and Barcelona.
We are looking for an Senior Risk Analyst who is passionate about risk underwriting. Your mission is to analyse the different counterparties interacting with Novicap and assess the level of risk involved in any operation.
- Execute policies and strategic programs to understand the risk, mitigate loss and to support revenue growth in Novicap’s service offering
- Develop a solid understanding of risk/fraud mitigation tools & techniques
- Take part in efforts/projects to implement risk products and services to detect and prevent online fraud
- Responsible for efficiently communicating and highlighting risk throughout the organization, address daily queries and perform specific analysis.
- Ability to cover all aspects of risk management related to the trading activities.
- Support innovation processes and interact with business partners to gather ideas and keep abreast with industry standards, new technologies and methods
- Be part of strategic initiatives and gain deep insights into various risk types, concepts, frameworks and innovation processes.
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Strong analytical skills, experience with MS Excel
- Responsible; reliable and accurate
- Team player; Flexible, energetic and able to perform in a rapidly changing environment;
- You present yourself as a proactive person and work result oriented;
- Not afraid to think “out of the box” to solve problems
- Eager to learn and develop yourself
- You are a dedicated problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good writing skills
- Persistent and results focused
- Extensive multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Project coordination skills – on time results working with cross functional teams
Great to have
- Spanish native speaker (Catalan is a plus)
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or other relevant field
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a risk analytics or reporting role or equivalent, preferably within banking/financial services or audit (Big four)
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience working within the fraud/risk/compliance space
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Hungriness to build a global Fin-Tech start-up which is dramatically changing the way businesses source their working capital
- Full-time position in Barcelona
- Remuneration package (fix + variable) based on performance and experience
- International environment with a flat hierarchy
- Healthy snacks, fresh juices and coffee
- Open holiday policy
- Continuous learning possibilities; always challenging the status quo
- Quarterly off-sites; work hard, play hard